Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Wood-scrap Tablet

 

It is October 19, 2023. I head out in a few minutes to do a little work on the wall around our raised-bed vegetable garden that I built around 1980. The wall is somewhat older: remnant of the greenhouse that occupied this space when we bought the house in 1977. My thought is not of that however. It comes from knowing I will have to do a little measuring and cut a small piece of wood. There are enough details to it that I will draw it out as I measure. That thought, made me remember again my fascination as a tiny kid with men who used scraps of wood as their drawing and writing tablets for carpentry projects. I go out now, knowing I will smile as I pick up one of several scraps in my little workshop and use a pencil to sketch crudely the general 3-D outlines of the small rectangle of wood I need to cut.

(c) from date of posting, by Bob Komives, Fort Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments.