Friday, October 21, 2016

My Glider Glided Forever



One Glorious Day My Glider Glided Forever




There has never been a balsa-wood glider flight close to its equal. Anywhere, anytime in the world. I know. I made thousands of flights with many production models of this airplane. Of all those, the second longest flew, perhaps, 35 feet. This flight, however, on a breezy day, diagonally across the Wilson High School field, soared 400 feet. Up and out it went, gliding only twice as fast as my awe-impeded run could carry me. Of course, I tried immediately to duplicate the flight, but miracles are rare. One of the most thrilling moments of my life; I lived it once and alone.










(c) from date of posting, by Bob Komives, Fort Collins 







1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments.